Here's how to recreate this adventure...
Adventure: Willand Pond Trail
Getting there: I accessed the trail on Rt 108 on the Dover/Somersworth Line. The trail starts at the Willand Pond Boat Launch that is located across the street from Strafford Farm Restaurant. There is a parking lot at the trailhead/boat launch but no bathroom facilities.
Distance: 1.0 miles one way (2.0 miles out and back)
- Dogs are allowed on the trail if they are leashed, however, be prepared to see unleashed dogs.
- It is a popular local fishing spot. Be prepared to see boats, fishermen, and recreationalists.
|Photo courtesy of Willand Pond Facebook Page|
- Consider enjoying breakfast at Strafford Farms before your walk - that's what we did!
- Parking is free. There are no bathrooms.
I enjoyed exploring this nature walk close to my house. It's always refreshing to get a respit from the town/city with a little patch of nature.
|Enjoying the beach|
You might also enjoy these similar adventures:
- Winnie the Pooh Trail in Barrington, NH
- Stonehouse Pond Loop in Barrington, NH
- Stratham Hill Park in Stratham, NH