|Pedestrian Bride along Hanson Pines Nature Walk|
Here’s how to recreate this adventure…
|Trailhead at Hanson Pines|
|Trail map. I highlighted the loop in yellow.|
Red marks the paved path/bridge.
From the river, the trail curves right again and heads into a mixed forest of hardwoods and pines. Soon, you will get glimpses of Spaulding High School through the trees and once more the trail curves, taking you back to the well marked trailhead.
- Unless, the Hanson Pines Pool is open, there are no bathrooms at the park
- Dogs are allowed on the trail but should be leashed
- Parking is free
- There are other small trails that weave in and out of the land. I haven't explored these (see map photo).
This is a great little strip of peaceful nature in the heart of an urban center. It’s perfect for families with small children and/or anyone who’s looking for a short nature walk.
|View from the footbridge|
|Playground fun during hike|
You might also enjoy these similar experiences:
- The Perfect Winter "Hike" with Toddlers
- Winnie - the - Pooh Trail
- Willand Pond Nature Walk