Friday, January 18, 2013

Montreal...Adventure into Food, Music, and Cold!

Montreal photo from when I went in 2010

To celebrate the three day weekend, Matt and I are getting out of town...well...out of the country!

For the past few weeks we have been planning a three day weekend adventure with his parents to Montreal, Quebec!  Below are the priorities for the trip.

 Are we missing anying?




1.  Dinner at Au Pied de Cochon:  This is probably the number one reason we chose to go to Montreal.  Since watching Anothony Bourdain's: No Reservations about Quebec, Matt has drooled over the prospect of eating here.  While whole pig head, duck in a can, and foie gras hamburger aren't this vegetarian's first choice when it comes to dining, I'm going to take a break from my meatless diet to enjoy the adventure into this culinary sweet spot.  Check out the menu here:  http://www.restaurantaupieddecochon.ca/menu_e.html

2.  Igloofest: I have to admit, when I saw that "Igloofest" would be in Montreal during our visit, I imagined a festival of artfully displayed ice sculptures and igloos.  After purchasing tickets, we discovered that we will be adventuring into an extravaganza of international DJs coming to spin electronica for the masses in the cold streets of Montreal.  Electronic music is not my genre of choice, but the people watching should be fantastic.

3.  Everything Else:  We are hoping to see the underground mall, St. Catherine Street and the Old Port, dine on poutine, drink good wine, and enjoy each others company.

Montreal,

 Can't wait for this adventure!