Friday, March 11, 2022

24 Hour Bretton Woods Getaway

 
View from Bretton Woods Vacation Rental Living Room
View from Bretton Woods Vacation Rental Living Room

Winter is long in northern New England, and I HAVE to have something to look forward to.  For me, that's a trip, but with a full time job, two kids, pets, and endless house projects - it's hard to find the time.  This winter, I decided the least I could do was plan an end-of-winter 24 hour getaway in the Bretton Woods area of the White Mountains.  I brought my sister along for hiking, skiing, margaritas, good coffee, and a hot tub.  I documented it on my social media and here's a rundown of my 24 hour Bretton Woods Getaway.

Day 1 - Drinks and Hiking

12:00 - Coffee and amazing sandwiches at The Met in North Conway.  

Coffee at the Met Coffeehouse in North Conway

1:00-3:30 pm - Hike Mount Willard in Crawford Notch State Park.  Read more about this hike here.  In winter, bring extra (non cotton) layers, snowshoes, and microspikes/snow cleats, in addition to the normal 10 essentials.

Mount Willard in Crawford Notch State Park


4:00 pm - Check into our Bretton Woods Vacation house (called 1800 ML).  Tour the house, pour a margarita and make tacos in the stocked kitchen.  Enjoy the amazing sunset on the mountains and stay up late watching movies.

Day 2 - Hot Tubs and Skiing 

8:00 am - Take a morning dip in the hot tub surrounded by fresh snow!  Sip coffee and check out to hit the slopes for first lift.

Morning dip in the hot tub outside my Bretton Woods Vacation Rental with coffee

9:00 am - Drive 5 minutes to snag a front parking spot at Bretton Woods Ski Resort - the largest ski resort in New Hampshire.  Ski fresh powder with on-and-on snow fall.  With the gondola, you never get cold!

Riding the gondola up in a snowstorm at Bretton Woods

12:00 - After nonstop morning of skiing, it's time to head back home.  
Amazing morning skiing at Bretton Woods in fresh powder

This was the perfect winter "staycation" for me in my home state of New Hampshire and one that I hope to make a early March tradition!

For similar posts to this, check out: