I was approached by Nicole De Leon of The Soul Mammas Podcast to share my life as a mother and adventurer. I really enjoyed the interview and sharing my story.
Here are some of the takeaways of the episode:
- A return to teaching as a mother during a pandemic
- How it is not always easy to deal with identity shifts that come along with becoming a parent.
- How our lives change drastically when we become parents
- The challenges of having two children under 5
- How Lindsey was able to return to hiking and adventuring with one child, but how difficult it was with two
- Gender roles and how society views moms and dads differently
- Why her husband hasn't received criticism for traveling away from his kids, but she has.
- The inequities sometimes faced by mommies
- How her and her husband negotiate self care & their roles as mommy and daddy
- Lindsey's newfound affinity for hiking in the snow